Saturday, October 26, 2013

renaissance festival

 The Renaissance Festival has become one of my yearly traditions. There is no continuity in the group of friends I go with but each year, at the end of Summer, I head to the woods of Maryland to visit my favorite place on earth. I love the Renn Fest because it attracts oddballs and characters and people who seem to view the world the same way I do: as a place that needs more magic and less of that bothersome reality. Renn Fest is a place for costumes, crowns, jousting, mead, and artisans. A day at the Festival is a day with friends. This year I put together my first ever steampunk outfit. Missing a few gears and doodads but I was happy and received several compliments. I can't wait to start planning next years adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment