Thursday, June 13, 2013

tokyo twenty-twelve








I've been sitting on these photos since October. I leave for France in ten days. Nothing like realizing your next international trip is around the corner to make you edit your last international trip. This trip was hard for me because I spent the first half alone in a country totally foreign from my own with no ability to communicate beyond the basic "hello" "bathroom". That intense feeling of loneliness and isolation would hit me whenever I went to look at the photos so I didn't. I let them sit untouched on my camera and in little folders on my laptop; until last night. I guess enough time has passed. Now when I look at these photos I remember the great adventure of travel and the joy in discovering a new city and world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment