Tuesday, January 21, 2014

at home in the winter

When the temperature hovers between freezing and just below freezing there is nothing to do but turn inside and find a more intimate way to be entertained. It is the season of bread baking, jam cooking, husband in the kitchen, and cooking all day because the heater is broken and the oven is warm and the veggies are good. I took the above cabinet out of the hallway that leads to the bedroom and for the first time in a year, Kenneth walked through to go to bed without banging his leg up. It looks good in its new home. It also makes a lovely corner for my new knitting basket to sit. I've completed three projects thus far and this week I hope to start a hat. 

I used to loathe winter but now I actually quite like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment