Monday, February 2, 2015

welcome, February

 
Right now, I am...

listening to the wind howl outside my apartment, shaking my windows like an uninvited guest trying to get in
drinking a pinot grigio because if I close my eyes I can pretend it's summer
admiring the many scenes on my dining room table: drying dishes, breakfast for two, the remains of card nights with friends, cooling cookies or bread. This table has so many faces.
dreaming of all the possible paths our lives could take 
cozying up in my living room under one of many blankets
wishing  K were home with me now instead of in class
celebrating a mild winter and the sunny blue skies that came out this afternoon
knitting a sweater for me and a blanket for our next home
welcoming February with an olive branch, lets be friends this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment